- To Assess: To evaluate.
- Two Asses: 2 butts (or 2 donkeys).
Alex: If it snows one more time this year I’m moving to Montreal.
Nick: It’s fairly cold in Montreal too.
Alex: It’s warm in Florida, right?
Nick: Yup. It never snows in Florida.
Alex: If it snows again this year, I’m moving to Florida with Nonno and Nonna.
Arianna went 2 days sleeping in underwear without any accidents. I’m declaring the end of the Varacalli kids’ diaper era.
Dina: Arianna, say “yes” or “no”.
Arianna: Yes or no.
Nick: So, what are you doing this weekend?
Friend: I’m going to Germany to see an obstetrician.
Nick: … … … … Uh… what?
Friend: An obstetrician. A doctor for my eyes.
Nick: … … Ah. Aha. An optician.
The light at the end of the tunnel is the construction lights… they’re extending the tunnel.
I squandered the opportunity to use the phrase “digital Potemkin village”. <sigh />
What happens on my new keyboard when the Enter key is where the backslash key was on my old keyboard?
rmdir /s /q c:\foo\bar
rmdir /s /q c:
Hmmm… I now realize that I was having a conversation with a Swiss person on Wednesday where I was extolling the virtues of Switzerland and she was downplaying them and extolling the virtues of the US. Very odd.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it’s about a giant lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt down city then moonwalks back into the ocean.
The inverted perspective in this one makes me smile every time.
Arianna: Plurk! [splashes her hand, spread-fingered, onto her kitty's face] Aliens!!! [repeat ad gaudium]
I taught her well. Plus she still asks me to do that to her.
- You can sing both “Smoke on the Water” and “Mountain Town” to the instrumental part of “Enter Sandman”.
- Arianna sometimes enjoys skiing
- She wanted very little to do with skiing… until we asked her if she wanted to go on the big hill. Unsure if it was her wanting to be like her brother, or being bored on the small hill.
- Skiing with her between my skis holding my poles is painful on the legs and back.
- We then used the harness with her. She was the reindeer (usually Comet) and I was Santa Claus.
- When asked whether she liked skiing with Dina or me better, she said, “You. Mommy stops a lot. With you I go fastfastFAST.”
- She can’t snowplow. But she can do airplane arms to turn a little.
- Alex can ski
- He likes going slightly off-piste into deeper snow. That’s fine. Until he gets into snow deep enough where I have to carry him out.
- We taught him to ski with poles. You could hear him saying to himself out loud as he skied, “Pole. Down. Turn. Pole. Down. Turn.”
- America: 6 chicken wings = appetizer = ~ $3.
- Switzerland: 6 chicken wings = main meal = ~ 20CHF (~$20).
25 squats with a wiggling, “More! Daddy, more!”-yelling, 33lb / 15kg weight on my shoulders = really bad lower back pain. Maybe that’s why I have insomnia right now.